Summertime has finally arrived, and with it, longer days, warmer nights, and every reason to spend more time outside. Create a comfortable outdoor space for you and your loved ones to enjoy with these backyard remodel ideas.
Pool parties, summer BBQs, family get-togethers–there are so many different occasions for which an outdoor dining set will come in handy. You could set up a couple of folding card tables before your guests arrive, or you could invest in a quality outdoor dining set that will serve you and your guests for many seasons to come.
Use these ideas for backyard updates to create the perfect outdoor dining area:
- Design a space that can comfortably seat the average number of people who will be using it the most. You can store additional tables and chairs for bigger events.
- Surround your dining area with pest-repelling plants to keep those bugs from impeding on your evening. Try petunias, lavender, marigolds, and other fragrant greenery.
- Protect your dining set with outdoor furniture covers when not in use so you can keep it in prime condition year after year.
Is there anything better than roasting marshmallows over a fire on a starry summer evening? Bring that joy to your own backyard by adding a brand new fire feature. You can buy a stunning fire table that will match the rest of your beautiful patio perfectly, or you can build your very own out of old brick!
Here are a few tips for adding a fire feature to your backyard remodel:
- Plan your backyard design before you choose your fire feature, so you don’t end up with clashing color schemes or styles.
- Replace those bland fire pit rocks with glass fire rocks for a lovely and affordable upgrade.
- Choose a fire feature that comes with a cordoning ledge — like these fire tables — so you and your guests have somewhere to set your drinks, plates, and s’mores fixings. This also makes for a nice footrest that won’t melt the bottom of your shoes!
While summertime typically provides enjoyable weather, sitting outside beneath the sun’s beating rays can quickly become uncomfortable. Don’t forget to consider shade as you plan your backyard remodel. There are a number of different ways you can do this, so we’ve provided you with a few options below.
- For quick and easy shade, opt for a durable patio umbrella that you can easily move as the sun strolls across the sky.
- For a more permanent fixture, you may want to consider adding a patio awning to the structure of your home.
- Plant some tree saplings around your patio for a long-term solution and a beautifully natural way to shade your backyard.
If you want to create a space that people will actually make good use of, then you need to make it comfortable and hospitable. Forgo the cheap plastic lawn chairs and complete your backyard remodel with a high-quality outdoor furniture set. Use these tips to blend comfort and function.
- Purchase a complete patio furniture set; that way all of your pieces coordinate with your overall design, rather than creating contrast between the mix-and-match.
- Don’t be afraid to get soft, plush, deep-seated sofas, chairs, and loveseats. Not only will you and your guests thoroughly enjoy spending time outside, but you can keep the fine furniture protected with durable covers.
- Measure your patio space and double check your measurements before you place an order for a brand new furniture set.
Last but not least, don’t forget about all of the little details that complete a backyard remodel. It’s the little things that can make the biggest difference, so take these additions into consideration as you’re wrapping up your big backyard update!
- Entertainment options, such as a hot tub, in-ground trampoline, etc.
- Accent pieces, such as table centerpieces, fire glass, or end tables.
- Outdoor furniture covers to keep your new patio set looking gorgeous for years to come.
Save Big on Your Backyard Remodel
Are you looking for the perfect outdoor furniture set to top off your remodel? Save big with our 4th of July celebration sale! Between the 3rd and 8th of July, you can save up to 30% on fire features, dining sets, patio umbrellas, and more! Here’s the savings breakdown:
- Save 20% on purchases of up to $1,499
- Save 25% on purchases of $1,500 – $3,499
- Save 30% on purchases of $3500 or more
We hope this article provided you with some useful backyard remodel ideas and tips! If you’re looking for more inspiration, browse RST Brand’s selection of comfortable outdoor furniture, stunning fire features, and more!